posted by Athena

No comments


I know you won’t remember any of these days, scribbling in oversize Dora the Explorer coloring books or bouncing around in the backyard, trying to catch all the birds that you never will, where you won’t go too far without looking behind you to make sure I am there, where “thena! c’mon!” is a broken record that never stops playing, splashing in the kiddie pool and running through the sprinkler, but I will and I hope they can change something, increase your chances of surviving two parents who never deserved you, not for one second. I have to leave soon, and I wish I could take you with me and make sure you are safe always. I hope I can somehow reach out and touch you, and it is like the God that I am not sure I believe in most days knew we needed each other.
My heart is breaking.

Leave a Reply